The different types of student visas

There are three possible student visas to be delivered:

1. The VLS-TS (Long Stay Visa Valid As Residence Permit for Students): This visa allows you to pursue studies in France for a period of four months to one year. It must be validated upon your arrival in France. If you would like to continue your studies after it expiers, you may apply for a multi-annual residence permit (carte de séjour pluriannuelle). The visa has to be validated within three months after your arrival in France.

2. A long-stay student visa for three months, with an application at the prefecture in France for a multi-year residence permit bearing the mention - (étudiant - programme de mobilité) [student - mobility programme] will be issued to students enrolled in a course of at least 2 years and under a mobility programme. 

3. A temporary long-stay visa (mineur scolarisé) is issued to students who are starting their studies in a higher educational establishment as a minor. The student can apply for a residence permit at the prefecture after they have reached legal age. 

Good News!

There is an official website for visa applications to France:

You will find all information you need to prepare your stay in France.

Note: Applicants for student visas will have to first conduct their academic interview with Campus France, prior to attending their session with the visa department. For more information on visa application procedures, click here